This moment in time is palpable and defining, for every single one of us.
No other time has every human been so laser focussed on how leadership is showing up for them. Those who call themselves leaders are under the microscope to do what’s right, pivot, innovate, make the right changes in the best interest of their #1 asset, their people.
How are you showing up in service of, or not, for your PEOPLE – current and future?
How are you investing in and taking action on defining, creating, and sustaining a diverse, happy, and sustainable CULTURE?
How is your company’s hiring process delivering a positive and differentiating Candidate Experience?
…and the list goes on.
Over 86% of the world’s Startups, SMBs and companies still throw a Hail Mary in the hopes they get leadership, retention, hiring and success right.
I’ve talked to 100’s of people in the last 5 months who have said that it’s more important to them now than ever whom they work for, with whom they spend their time on and with and more importantly, whom they choose to follow as a leader.
Actions speak louder than words and it’s taken a pandemic for it to come this front and center, but it’s time.
It’s long overdue.
Here are 5 strategies that will support you to be the one people follow:
- Humanize your TalentAcquisition efforts: Make your current and future people your #1 asset and focus on actionable efforts that deliver tangible results that your current and future employees can see make a difference in their personal drive for self-actualization.
- Intentionally Infuse a Defined Culture: The leaders and companies who dedicated themselves to their number one asset, their people, and created, built, and sustained we cultures grounded in serving the needs desires in the best interest of their people would come out on top.
- Strategize your Hiring Processes: Creating a consistent and productive feedback culture between your hiring and management teams is critical to building a predictable recruiting pipeline and retaining great talent.
- Build and Deploy a strong Candidate Experience: As it pertains to retention and hiring if you were so fortunate to be one of those companies right now, even if you are hiring one contractor or consultant, every higher matter and candidates, passive or not, as watching how you treat them; and they’re talking about it in the market. Are they brand ambassadors or will they become a detriment to your reputation?
- Train your Hiring Managers and empower your teams, don’t wing it: Leaders know skill and ability takes an investment to be great, not just good, in anything. You can be good, but do you want to play with the 86% or be the leader who builds a company that has a reputation as an Employer of Choice, in the world, and you the leader who was the difference?
WE Leaders are intentional and in service of, first.
They know the value of the united and diverse collective whole.
They know that they must be authentic and strong in ME but, invest in the self-actualization of WE.
It takes BEING the difference, especially now. The world needs you.
Written by Alana Fulvio, Pendulum Founder.